San Joaquin County Profile
San Joaquin County (70 miles East of the San Francisco Bay Area and Silicon Valley) has seven cities and 783,584 people. Its diverse industry mix of agriculture, e-fulfillment centers, advanced manufacturing, data centers/call center and government/medical service centers has attracted companies like Applied Aerospace, Amazon, Tesla, Pacific Medical, Medline, FedEx, Trinchero-Sutter Home Winery and Crate & Barrel. Located less than 60 miles from the Port of Oakland, its transit modes include: The Port of Stockton, Union Pacific Railroad and BSNF Railway Intermodals, Stockton Metropolitan Airport with Prime Air/Allegiant Air, and a highway transportation system that links the county to major urban markets through Interstates 5, 205, 580, and State Route Highway 99.
San Joaquin County Economy Overview
Total Regional Employment
Median Household Income
Top Private Employers 2023
|Company Name||Number of Employees|
|St. Joseph's Medical Center||3,200|
|Pacific Gas & Electric||1,550|
|United Parcel Service, Inc.||1,550|
|University of the Pacific||1,329|
|Adventist Health Lodi Memorial Hospital||1,000|
Top Public Employers 2023
|Company Name||Number of Employees|
|San Joaquin County||6,000|
|State of California||5,710|
|Stockton Unified School District||5,265|
|Lodi Unified School District||3,677|
|Manteca Unified School District||2,878|
|City of Stockton||2,118|
|San Joaquin County Office of Education||1,955|
|San Joaquin General Hospital||1,780|
|Tracy Unified School District||1,604|
|Defense Distribution Center San Joaquin||1,375|
Full List of Employers Click Here
Top Real Estate Deals 2022-23
- Tesla Megapack Factory – leased 440,000 sf in Lathrop, CA. This new Tesla facility produces battery energy storage systems for electrical utility backup and grid stabilization.
- Amazon – located two new eCommerce facilities, one in Stockton and one in Tracy for a total of 4.1 million sf.
- Williams Sonoma – kitchen ware and home furnishings retailer leased 1.1 million sf in Tracy, CA at the Prologis International Park of Commerce.
- Niagara Bottling – expanded bottling production with two new facilities in Stockton for a total of 1.3 million sf. Family owned and operated since 1963, Niagara Bottling is a leading beverage manufacturer in the U.S.
- Target Corporation – a leading consumer retailer leased 1.4 million sf at Airpark 599 In Stockton, CA. The Catellus Development Corporation is the master developer of Airpark 599.
- Ryder Integrated Logistics – for Kraft/Heinz – leased 610,000 sf of distribution in Lathrop, CA. Prologis and Ryder helped construct a LEED-certified facility that uses solar power, LED lighting and CO2 refrigeration.
- DCG Fulfillment – signed a lease for 306,000 sf in the Phelan Gateway Lathrop multi-phase industrial park. DCF is a family-owned third-party logistics provider based in the Inland Empire.
Highlights of Utility Infrastructure
- Lodi Electric Company and Modesto Irrigation District (MID) provide electrical utilities in their service areas
- Pacific Gas & Electric also provides utilities
Unique Incentives within San Joaquin County Click Here
Unique Workforce Training Programs or Initiatives
- Health Careers Academy - https://www.stocktonusd.net/HCA
- HealthForce Partners - https://www.healthforcepartners.net/
- CodeStack Academy - https://codestackacademy.org/home
- San Joaquin Delta College Technical Careers and Trades - https://www.deltacollege.edu/department/technical-careers-and-trades
- Manteca Education & Training Center - https://metc.mantecausd.net/programs/career-technical-education