Madera County is located in the world’s most productive agriculture region. In 2017, the gross value of Madera County’s agriculture commodities was nearly $2 billion, making the County a natural choice for food processing and ag-related industries. Madera County is home to over 100 manufacturing companies with a high concentration of food manufacturing and packaging facilities. Major operations include: Gallo Winery, Ardagh Glass, Baltimore Aircoil, Certainteed Corp., JBT Food Tech, Evapco West, Warnock Foods, Azteca Milling, Oldcastle Enclosure Solutions and Georgia Pacific. Madera County is also a natural fit for distribution as the geographical center of California.
|Company Name||Number of Employees|
|Children's Hospital Central CA||2,500|
|State of California||2,400|
|Madera Unified School District||2,013|
|Chuckchansi Gold Resort & Casino||1,500|
|County of Madera||1,188|
|Madera Community Hospital||936|
|City of Madera||310|
|Sierra Tel Communication Groups||256|
|Baltimore Aircoil Company||242|
|Span Construction & Engineering||150|
Top Real Estate Deals of 2018-19
- Tran Pack- recently broke ground on a 65,000 sq. ft. building at Freedom Industrial Park in Madera, the company manufactures custom plastic pallets.
- Spec Building- Span Construction and Engineering has a 37,000 sq. ft. building with 25,000 sq. ft. available for lease in Madera’s Freedom Industrial Park
- Riverstone- A 2,000 acre master planned community along the San Joaquin River is starting to build their commercial district of 50 fully entitled acres. The development currently has 300 homes that are occupied or under construction. The community is estimated to have over 6,500 residences at full build out.
- Tesoro Viejo- A 1,600-acre master planned development has finishing construction on their town center including a 7,800 square foot welcome center, a fire station, sheriff substation, elementary school and a coffee bar. The community will include over 5,000 homes at full build out and is located on Highway 41 just north of Fresno. They are currently selling homes in their Hillside village.
- North Fork Rancheria resort/casino- After the passing of a state referendum the resort/hotel/casino project has encountered some delays, but the project is moving forward.
- Freedom Industrial Park- Span Construction opened Freedom Industrial Park in Madera. The 100-acre development is fully improved and is expected to add approximately one million square feet of industrial space to Madera County’s seven million square foot base.
- Deerpoint Group Inc.- Deerpoint built the first building in Freedom Industrial Park. The 65,000 square foot facility opened in the Spring of 2016.
- Loves Travel Center – has completed its environment impact studies for a new site in Madera. The project will include fueling stations, a restaurant and hotel.
- California Custom Processing-(CCP) built an 83,000 square foot almond processing facility in Madera. The $10 million facility opened in the fall of 2017 with approximately 80 employees.