Tulare County is a leader in agricultural production in the U.S. with annual values of over $7B and exports to more than 89 countries. As the largest dairy production region in the nation we supply milk to make “Real California Cheese” along with other valued products sold throughout the world. We are home to major manufacturing/food companies, including BlueScope Buildings N.A., Jostens, Voltage Multipliers, International Paper, Sonoco, Green Power Bus, Land O’Lakes, Saputo Cheese, Kraft Foods, Nestles’, Ruiz Foods, and AFPLLC. The county is recognized as a distribution/logistics hub for Fortune 500 companies serving California and the Western U.S.,including Best Buy, WalMart, JoAnn Stores, VWR, VF Corp., Merck, Patterson Logistics and U.S. Cold Storage. Centrally located we provide access to over 95 million customers with overnight shipping through UPS, FedEx, DHL, GSO and OnTrac.
Access the full Tulare County Spotlight Click Here
|Company Name||Number of Employees|
|Kaweah Delta Health Care||2,000|
|Sierra View District Hospital||1,800|
|College of the Sequoias||1,160|
|Cigna Health Care||700|
|VF Outdoor Inc.||400|
|Blue Scope Steel, Butler Manufacturing||300|
|Best Buy West Coast DC||260|
|Beckman Coulter, Inc.||230|
Top Real Estate Deals of 2019-20
- United Parcel Service (UPS) is under construction to build a new 425,000 square foot Central Valley regional hub in Visalia in the Central California Logistics Center.
- Developer of Visalia Logistics Center plans for spec 1.3 million SF Logistics and e-commerce facility adjacent to new UPS regional hub in Visalia.
- Hilti Inc. a power toolmaker completed their expansion into newly constructed 166,000 square foot warehouse in Visalia.
- MilliporeSigma, a subsidiary of Merck, is under construction to occupy a 120,000 square foot distribution and research facility in Visalia. The new facility is expected to be completed by the end of 2019.
- Calgren Dairy Fuels, LLC, developer of a dairy digester pipeline cluster in Pixley, CA, will collect biogas from anaerobic digesters to produce pipeline-quality renewable natural gas. The piping of the RNG directly into SoCalGas lines will be used in homes, businesses, buses and heavy duty trucks.
- Sequoia Gateway Commerce Center has approval to develop on 127 acres adjacent to Highway 99 in southwest Visalia. The development will include a major shopping, dining, hotel, office and medical complex. The first phase will include a 60,000 sf Valley Children’s Medical Group Specialty Care Center.
- com a distributor of all varieties of candy leased a 40,000 sf building in MidState 99 Distribution Center, Visalia, CA as their company’s west coast fulfillment center.
- Hydrite Chemical Co. completed a $16.1 expansion /capital improvement project with a new warehouse to store finished goods and raw materials for the food ingredient/processing and agriculture industries.
- Brandman University is constructing a new 7,071-square-foot building for classrooms and administrative space near the Square at Plaza Drive, within the Plaza Business Park in Visalia, CA.