Tulare County Profile
Tulare County is a leader in agricultural production in the U.S. with annual values of over $7B and exports to more than 89 countries. As the largest dairy production region in the nation we supply milk to make “Real California Cheese” along with other valued products sold throughout the world. We are home to major manufacturing/food companies, including BlueScope Buildings N.A., Jostens, Voltage Multipliers, International Paper, Sonoco, Green Power Bus, Land O’Lakes, Saputo Cheese, Kraft Foods, Nestles’, Ruiz Foods, and AFPLLC. The county is recognized as a distribution/logistics hub for Fortune 500 companies serving California and the Western U.S.,including Best Buy, WalMart, JoAnn Stores, VWR, VF Corp., Merck, Patterson Logistics and U.S. Cold Storage. Centrally located we provide access to over 95 million customers with overnight shipping through UPS, FedEx, DHL, GSO and OnTrac.
Tulare County Economy Overview
Total Regional Employment
Medial Household Income
Top Employers 2020
|Company Name||Number of Employees|
|Kaweah Delta Health Care||2,000|
|Sierra View District Hospital||1,800|
|College of the Sequoias||1,160|
|Cigna Health Care||700|
|VF Outdoor Inc.||400|
|Blue Scope Steel, Butler Manufacturing||300|
|Best Buy West Coast DC||260|
|Beckman Coulter, Inc.||230|
Full List of Employers Click Here
Top Real Estate Deals 2020-21
- Amazon, constructed a 1.3 Million SF distribution center in the Visalia Industrial Park
- United Parcel Service (UPS), Central Valley regional hub is expected to be completed this year in Visalia’s Industrial Park.
- The YS Industrial Project in Visalia Industrial Park is 600,000 sf of speculative warehouse comprised of two 300,000 sf buildings.
- Ergostech Renewable Energy Solutions, a waste-to-energy company received approval to construct a renewable hydrogen production facility utilizing organic wastes in Lindsay, CA. The facility will employ 20 FT employees. The project is expected to jumpstart the hydrogen economy in the Central Valley.
- VN Enterprises, will lease six acres from the city of Woodlake to operate a mulching yard for deceased trees in the Federal Park areas. Future expansion opportunities for the company exist at the site.
- The CapRock Development, in Visalia is moving towards breaking ground this year on +/- 1M SF of warehouse/e-commerce space adjacent to the UPS Regional Hub in Visalia.
- Hilti Inc. a power toolmaker completed their expansion into newly constructed 166,000 square foot warehouse in Visalia.
- MilliporeSigma, a subsidiary of Merck, broke ground in late 2019 and is under construction to occupy a 120,000 square foot distribution and research facility in Visalia.
- Calgren Dairy Fuels, LLC, developer of a dairy digester pipeline cluster in Pixley, CA, will collect biogas from anaerobic digesters to produce pipeline-quality renewable natural gas. The piping of the RNG directly into SoCalGas lines will be used in homes, businesses, buses, and heavy-duty trucks.
- Sequoia Gateway Commerce Center will develop on 127 acres adjacent to Highway 99 in southwest Visalia. The development will include a major shopping, dining, hotel, office, and medical complex. The first phase will include a 60,000 sf Valley Children’s Medical Group Specialty Care Center.
- Brandman University is constructing a new 7,071-square-foot building for classrooms and administrative space near the “Square at Plaza Drive”, within the Plaza Business Park in Visalia, CA.
Highlights of Utility Infrastructure
- Southern California Edison provides utilities throughout the County.
- Pacific Gas & Electric provides utilities in a small portion of the County.
Unique Incentives within Tulare County Click Here
Unique Workforce Training Programs or Initiatives