Stanislaus County Profile
Centrally located within California, Stanislaus County is the affordable, strategic choice of many dynamic industries including agriculture, food processing, packaging, advanced manufacturing, information technology and logistics. Stanislaus County is home to E&J Gallo Winery, Bronco Winery, Del Monte, Frito Lay, Foster Farms, ConAgra Brands, Blue Diamond Growers, Pacific Southwest Container, Stanislaus Food Products, Boyd Corporation, Bell-Carter Packaging, Plastipak, Georgia Pacific, International Paper and many others. The county’s vibrant communities offer competitive wages, strong quality of life and convenient connectivity due to their location along both State Route 99 and I-5 and proximity to the two largest Class 1 Railroads in the country, the Union Pacific and BNSF." Recent investments made in K-12 CTE and post-secondary job training programs ensure a qualified and highly skilled workforce. Convenient transportation methods including strategic highway arteries throughout the region mean workers can access jobs in other cities with ease.
Stanislaus County Economy Overview
Total Regional Employment
Medial Household Income
Top Private Employers 2020
|Company Name||Number of Employees|
|E. & J. Gallo Winery||6,700|
|Del Monte Foods||2,010|
|Stanislaus Food Products||1,875|
|Conagra Brands Inc.||1,145|
|Blue Diamond Growers||500|
|Pacific Southwest Containers LLC||430|
|Bronco Wine Company/td>||300|
Top Public Employers 2020
|Company Name||Number of Employees|
|Modesto City Schools||3,556|
|Ceres Unified School District||1,790|
|Turlock Unified School District||1,700|
|City of Modesto||1,500|
|Sylvan Union School District||917|
|Modesto Junior College||842|
Full List of Employers Click Here
Top Real Estate Deals 2020-21
- Amazon distribution warehouse may come to Turlock CA - 1MM square feet industrial development facility being planned in Turlock | Modesto Bee (modbee.com)
- Circulus, a plastics recycler, is locating in the Riverbank Industrial Park and will employ 50 to start
- S2A Modular- S²A Modular is under construction on a 1.15 million sq. ft. Patterson manufacturing factory where workers will build high-tech single family homes, apartments, and hotels, creating over 250 jobs.
- Entekra- selected Modesto, CA to relocate their company’s corporate headquarters and largest manufacturing facility which specializes in automated, off-site wood framing for home construction. The $35 project will build a new 200,000-square-foot factory on East Whitmore Avenue along the city’s southern border.
- Aemetis, Inc.- issued a Conditional Commitment under the 9003 Biorefinery Assistance Program for a $125 million, cellulosic ethanol plant to be built in Riverbank, California. The Riverbank plant is designed to convert orchard, forest, and other biomass waste into cellulosic ethanol with below zero carbon emissions.
- Super Store Industries- Known for our expertise in the dairy industry and efficient warehousing and distribution, expanded recently in Turlock, CA hiring 120 new employees in one week.
- Sovena USA - selected Modesto, CA for 246,000 SQFT edible oil processing facility. Expected to bring 20 new full time jobs to region.
- Jatco – a plastic injection molding company moved to Modesto from Union City. They occupy a 50,000 sf facility and will create 150 jobs.
- Blue Diamond Growers- completed a 52,000 square foot addition to the existing 200,000 square foot almond-processing facility in Modesto, CA.
- E & J Gallo Winery-Opened a new 146,000 sq. ft. facility in Modesto employing 600 in marketing, creative services, finance, and information technology.
- US Cold Storage- US Cold Storage expanded in Turlock facility to 9.5 million cubic feet of cold storage. Long range expansion plans total 24 million sf of cold storage space.
- W. Grainger, Inc- W.W. Grainger built their 820,000 sf, LEED Gold distribution facility at the Keystone West Business Park in Patterson creating 150+ new jobs.
Highlights of Utility Infrastructure
- Pacific Gas & Electric provides utilities throughout the County.