San Joaquin County (70 miles East of the San Francisco Bay Area and Silicon Valley) has seven cities and 753,769 people. Its diverse industry mix of agriculture, e-fulfillment centers, advanced manufacturing, data centers/call center and government/medical service centers has attracted companies like Applied Aerospace, Amazon, Tesla, Pacific Medical, Medline, FedEx, Trinchero-Sutter Home Winery and Crate & Barrel. Located less than 60 miles from the Port of Oakland, its transit modes include: The Port of Stockton, Union Pacific Railroad and BSNF Railway Intermodals, Stockton Metropolitan Airport with Prime Air/Allegiant Air, and a highway transportation system that links the county to major urban markets through Interstates 5, 205, 580, and State Route Highway 99.
Access the full San Joaquin County Spotlight Click Here
Top Private Employers
|Company Name||Number of Employees|
|St. Joseph's Medical Center||4,600|
|Unilever Best Foods||100-1,100|
|Pacific Gas & Electric||1,100|
|Pacific Coast Producers||500-1,000|
|Blue Shield of California||900|
|University of the Pacific||500|
|Cottage Bakery, Inc./Con Agra Foods||690|
|Food 4 Less||500-600|
Top Real Estate Deals of 2019-20
- Entekra- selected Modesto, CA to relocate their company which specializes in automated, off-site wood framing for home construction, is building a new 200,000-square-foot factory on East Whitmore Avenue along the city’s southern border. Once completed, the $35 million project will be the company’s corporate headquarters in addition to its largest manufacturing facility.
- Dave & Busters- Dave & Busters will occupy approximately 40,000 plus square feet of former Sears store in Modesto’s Vintage Faire Mall.
- Super Store Industries- Known for our expertise in the dairy industry and efficient warehousing and distribution, expanded recently in Turlock, CA hiring 120 new employees in one week.
- Sovena USA - selects Modesto, CA for 246,000 SQFT edible oil processing facility. Expected to bring 20 new full time jobs to region.
- Jatco – a plastic injection molding company moving to Modesto from Union City. 150 jobs. Moving into a 50,000 sf facility
- Denham Plastics- opened a 200,000-sf plastic manufacturing with recycled materials in Turlock.
- E&J Gallo Wines-Opened a 146,000sqft facility in Modesto. 600 Employees in marketing, creative services, finance and information technology have new offices.
- Valley Milk- New powdered milk 100,000 sf facility will employ 55 people and open late 2017.
- Dust Bowl Brewery- in Turlock added a new 30,000 square foot facility. 20 new employees.
- US Cold Storage- US Cold Storage expanded in Turlock facility to 9.5 million cubic feet of cold storage. Long range expansion plans total 24 million sf of cold storage space.
- W. Grainger, Inc- W.W. Grainger built their 820,000 sf, LEED Gold distribution facility at the Keystone West Business Park in Patterson creating 150+ new jobs.