Merced County Profile
Merced County is the proud home of several emerging technologies, renewable energy, food processing, agriculture, and manufacturing companies which include Foster Farms, Hilmar Cheese, E&J Gallo Winery, as well as Waymo, who leases 100+ acres at Castle Commerce Center to advance their self-driving vehicle technology. Merced County offers an innovative 2,000-acre multimodal industrial manufacturing and logistics hub designed to house about 8 million square feet of modern industrial development. With easy highway connectivity via State Route 99 and Interstate 5, as well as close proximity to major cargo airports, seaports and the nation’s two largest railroads, BNSF and Union Pacific, Merced County is well positioned to meet all logistic requirements throughout California and the Pacific Rim.
Merced County Economy Overview
Total Regional Employment
Medial Household Income
Top Employers 2020
|Company Name||Number of Employees|
|E & J Gallo Winery|
|Hilmar Cheese Company|
|Dole Frozen Foods|
|Morning Star Packing|
|John B. Sanfilippo & Son|
|Sensient Dehydrated Flavors|
|Save Mart Supermarkets|
|Teasdale Quality Foods|
|University of California, Merced|
Full List of Employers Click Here
Top Real Estate Deals 2020-21
- Google now leases more than 100 acres of land at Castle Commerce Center as they advance their company’s self-driving car technology.
- Castle Rail District: Merced County, in partnership with BNSF, is planning and creating a ±200 acre rail oriented district. Rail district will include industrial space and an inland port with direct connectivity to the Port of LA.
- Castle Commerce Center, a former Air Force Base, is an approximately 2,000 acre multimodal manufacturing and logistics hub. The Commerce Center consists of approximately 600 acres of industrial land, as well as commercial space. Available lots can range up to 20 acres.
- Los Banos Industrial Parks, the city of Los Banos has planned two industrial parks totaling 273 acres. Industrial land is located on Highway 152 and near Interstate 5.
- The University of California, Merced received approval from the University of California, Board of Regents to move forward with its 2020 project, a mixed-use, master planned 219-acre development. This project is expected to create 10,800 new construction jobs in the region and inject $1.9 billion into the regional economy.
- Parreira Almond Processing has begun construction on a 174,300 square foot expansion.
- Foster Farms, the multi-million dollar investment is expected to expand the facility’s product lines and add more jobs to the 2,032 jobs that the company already provides in Merced County.
- Ideal Environmental Products & Services purchased 10 acres in Los Banos and will be utilizing an existing 36,000 sf structure for manufacturing and selling the Chem-Stor product line of prefabricated metal buildings and platforms. One of the top 5 suppliers nationwide, they anticipate hiring 40-50 new employees.
Highlights of Utility Infrastructure
- Pacific Gas & Electric provides utilities throughout the County.
Unique Incentives within Merced County Click Here
Examples of Fast Track Local Permitting