Madera County Profile
Madera County is located in the world’s most productive agriculture region. In 2017, the gross value of Madera County’s agriculture commodities was nearly $2 billion, making the County a natural choice for food processing and ag-related industries. Madera County is home to over 100 manufacturing companies with a high concentration of food manufacturing and packaging facilities. Major operations include: Gallo Winery, Ardagh Glass, Baltimore Aircoil, Certainteed Corp., JBT Food Tech, Evapco West, Warnock Foods, Azteca Milling, Oldcastle Enclosure Solutions and Georgia Pacific. Madera County is also a natural fit for distribution as the geographical center of California.
Madera County Economy Overview
Total Regional Employment
Medial Household Income
Top Employers 2020
|Company Name||Number of Employees|
|Children's Hospital Central CA||2,500|
|State of California||2,400|
|Madera Unified School District||2,013|
|Chuckchansi Gold Resort & Casino||1,500|
|County of Madera||1,188|
|Madera Community Hospital||936|
|City of Madera||310|
|Sierra Tel Communication Groups||256|
|Baltimore Aircoil Company||242|
|Span Construction & Engineering||150|
For Full List of Major Employers Click Here
Top Real Estate Deals 2020-21
- Full Throttle Suspension (Under Construction)is building a 100,000 sq. ft. facility in the Madera Airport Industrial Park allowing them to continue to expand product mix. Currently under construction.
- Tran Pack- (Completed Q1 2020) A custom pallet manufacturer, built a 65,000 sq. ft. building in Freedom Industrial Park located in Madera. The $6.5 million facility opened in the spring of 2020 with approximately 40 employees.
- Spec Building- (Under construction) Span Construction and Engineering is currently building two 37,500 sq. ft. buildings in Madera, one at Freedom Industrial Park (fully-leased) and a spec building in Freedom Industrial Park (partially leased).
- Freedom Industrial Park- The 100-acre development is fully improved and is expected to add approximately one million sq. ft. of industrial space to Madera County’s seven million sq. ft. base.
- Riverstone- A 2,000 acre master planned community along the San Joaquin River is starting to build their commercial district of 50 fully entitled acres. The development currently has 300 homes that are occupied or under construction. The community is estimated to have over 6,500 residences at full build out.
- Tesoro Viejo- A 1,600 acre master planned community located on Hwy 41 just north of Fresno will include over 5,000 homes at full build out and a town center; including a 7,800 sf welcome center, fire station, sheriff substation, elementary school, coffee bar and a resort-style Ranch House with community pools and cabanas.
- North Fork Rancheria – (Expected break ground Q3 2021) The North Fork Mono Tribe received a favorable ruling in the last of the outstanding litigation and are now clear to begin construction, constructions is estimated time frame 15-18 months from breaking ground)
- Loves Travel Center recently opened a new travel center in Madera located off Hwy 99 with 94 jobs. The 8,500 sq. ft. truck stop, open 24/7, is their 12th location in California and includes many amenities, opened their 2nd phase RV and Boat storage.
- Vallarta Supermarkets Officially has been opened since the 3rd quarter of 2020. They have completely remodeled a 50,000 square foot building on Country Club Drive. Employs anywhere between 200-250 employees.
- Sealed Air is in the midst of an internal expansion expected to completed in the 3rd quarter of 2021. Company will build a 12-acre solar array to power their existing facility and allow for more expansion. They have added approximately 40 employees over the past year with plans for further expansion in the future.
- Flightcraft Boats opened a new boat manufacturing facility in the City of Chowchilla.
- E-Z Trip Travel Center –(Completed Q 2020) Avenue 12
- Maltida Torres High-(Completed Q3 2020) Built on 57 acres of land on the southeast corner of Road 26 and Martin Street includes a Camarena health center for both students and public.
- Fire Station #58 Madera Airport –(Completed Q4 2020 ) a 9020 sq. ft. $6.5 million project funded by Measure K
- Tractor Supply- (Completed Q3 2020) American retail chain of stores offering range in products, estimated to generate 15 jobs.
- Fairfield Inn – (Completed Q3 2020)
- Hampton Inn (Completed Q3 2020)
- O’Reileys Madera Ranchos- (Under Construction) Auto parts retail store expected to be completed by Fall of 2021
- Camarena Almond Complex -(Under Construction) Health Centers including Dental and Urgent Care broke ground June 2020 expected to be completed Q4 2021
Highlights of Utility Infrastructure
- Pacific Gas & Electric provides utilities throughout the County.
Incentives are considered for in-bound business or expansion on a case-by-case basis.
Examples of Fast Track Local Permitting