Kings County is home to major food processors, including Del Monte Foods, Leprino Foods, Marquez Brothers and OLAM Spices & Vegetable Ingredients. Naval Air Station Lemoore, home to the Navy’s newest strike fighter, the F-35C Lightning II, is located in Kings County. Recent arrivals include Faraday Future, the start-up ultra-luxury supercar manufacturer, and Kelly Slater Wave Co.’s Surf Ranch. Kings County is flanked by State Route 99 and Interstate 5, providing excellent logistical connections to California, the West Coast and the Pacific Rim.
Access the full Kings County Spotlight Click Here
Corcoran State Prison 12,003
|Company Name||Number of Employees|
|Naval Air Station Lemore||9,200|
|Kings County School Districts (14)||3,928|
|Corcoran State Prison (SATF)||2,053|
|County of Kings||1,471|
|Tachi Palace Hotel & Casino||1,340|
|J.G. Boswell Company||1,300|
|Del Monte Foods||1,100|
|Avenal State Prison||1,088|
|Leprino Foods West||1,015|
|Olam Tomato Processors||1,000|
Top Real Estate Deals of 2019-20
- World Surf League / Kelly Slater Wave Company’s Surf Ranch was established in Lemoore and will be holding their second international surf competition as a World Surf League Championship Tour venue.
- Faraday Future, an international startup luxury supercar manufacturer is preparing to start production of their FF-91 model in Hanford, in 2020, initially employing several hundred, and projecting 1,000 workers at full production.
- Pitman Family Farms, a large grower and processor of chickens, turkeys, and ducks, purchased the Cargill grain facility in Hanford’s Kings Industrial Park and the adjacent 110 acres of land. The acreage is the site of a rail loop track and a new soybean processing mill was also added this last year.
- Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. officially opened its sulfur-based liquid fertilizer manufacturing and distribution facility on 46 acres in Hanford. Thirty employees were hired by the company. In 2018, TKI bought the adjoining 16 acres for future expansion.
- California Resource Corporation, an oil and gas exploration and production company, is looking to expand oil production under the floor of the San Joaquin Valley in Kings County.
- Costco Development - at the intersection of Highways 43 and 198. Costco is the featured anchor of the master planned 499,000 sf 58-acre shopping center project.
- Hanford’s Adventist Health / Family Birth Center opened a 49,000 sf center with 34 beds and 6 neonatal intensive care units in partnership with Children’s Hospital Central California, and 2 operating rooms
- Airgas, a subsidiary of French company Air Liquid, completed their distribution location in Hanford and will begin the construction of their facility to manufacture high grade industrial ammonia soon.
- The Tachi Yokut Tribe of the Santa Rosa Rancheria, south of Lemoore, recently completed their 90,000 square foot Coyote Entertainment enter offering an eight-screen movie theater, a 30-lane bowling alley, an arcade, and a night club.
- Bennett Water Systems, Kings County’s premier irrigation and water services company, and Gar Tootelian, Fresno County’s premier crop protection company, merged to form GAR Bennett, LLC bringing the Central California region a broad array of agricultural services through a one-stop experience.
- Pacifica Tiny Homes, a builder of spacious, affordable, and attractive tiny homes, has come to Corcoran to expand their manufacturing facilities in an effort to increase their construction output. The company has purchased a 4.6 acre parcel in the Crown Industrial Park in Corcoran to relocate their facilities.
- Titan Separations, an industrial hemp/CBD processor, has started operations in an 80,000 square foot facility in the Corcoran Industrial Park. Their first crop has been harvested and is going through processing.