Kern County is often referred to as “The Golden Empire,” because of its rich history of gold, oil and agricultural production. Kern is the nation’s #1 agricultural producing county and consistently ranks in the top-five petroleum-producing counties in the United States. The county is host to major freeway systems, providing access across California and beyond! Kern has become the distribution hub for some of the world’s largest companies with over 50 distribution centers. It has the largest wind and solar projects in the U.S. and is a 4 hour drive from 90% of state’s population. Kern is home to Mojave Air and Space Port, Edwards AFB, and China Lake Naval Air Weapons Center.
Access the full Kern County Spotlight Click Here
Top Private Employers
|Company Name||Number of Employees|
|American Honda Motor Co.|
|Bakersfield Memorial Hospital|
|C&J Energy Services|
|Marko Zaninovich Inc.|
|Mercy Hospital Bakersfield|
|Rio Tinto Minerals|
|Robertsons Ready Mix|
|San Joaquin Community Hospital|
|State Farm Insurance|
|WM Bolthouse Farms, Inc.|
Top Real Estate Deals of 2019-20
- Amazon, Distribution, 2,600,000sf, 1000 jobs located at Landings Logistics Center
- Hadco, Distribution, 250,000 sf, 50 jobs located at Silver Wings Commerce Center
- JoyRide Coffee, 20,000 sf, 20 jobs, located at North Meadows Business Park
- Muskett, Manufacturing, 7 jobs, 26 acres, located in Kern County
- UTC * RAS, Manufacturing, 15 jobs, 15,000 sf, located in the City of Bakersfield
- Loves Truck Center, 45 jobs, 10,000 sf, located in Boron
- Walmart Cold Storage Distribution, 600,000 sf, 300 jobs at Wonderful Industrial Park
- L’Oreal USA will locate to the Tejon Ranch Commerce Center. 240,000sf, 155 Jobs.
- Dollar General expansion, 240,000 sf Tejon Ranch Commerce Center.
- American Tire Distribution built a 1,000,000sf distribution facility at Wonderful Logistics Park in Shafter. The company had previously occupied a nearby 176,500-square-foot building.
- Sun Select Produce LLC. The hydroponic farming project is located near Tehachapi and consists of 132 acres. Four greenhouses are operational with a planned 700 employees at build-out.
- Ross Dress for Less Ross Dress for Less, expansion of 1Million sf with a total of 3Million sf at Wonderful Industrial Park