Fresno County Profile
Home to the 5th largest city in the world’s 5th largest economy, Fresno County is “Growing the California Dream.” A population of over 1 million residents with a well-trained and available workforce, Fresno County serves as the state’s strategic center with “money back guarantees” to get projects quickly through the permitting process. Fresno County is poised for inclusive investment and projects with 47 designated Opportunity Zones that offer great growth potential. Award winning partnerships, available real estate, exclusive incentive offerings, job-ready workforce, notable wins such as with Amazon, Ulta and the Gap e-commerce fulfillment centers, and the recent announcement of T-Mobile’s new Customer Experience Center are among the many reasons why Fresno is the place to grow your company and the California dream.
Fresno County Economy Overview
Total Regional Employment
Medial Household Income
Top Private Employers 2020
|Company Name||Number of Employees|
|Community Medical Centers||8,500|
|Saint Agnes Medical Center||2,812|
|Cargill Meat Solutions||1,300|
|Wawona Frozen Foods||1,200|
Top Public Employers 2020
|Company Name||Number of Employees|
|Fresno Unified School District||10,552|
|County of Fresno||7,773|
|Clovis Unified School District||4,377|
|City of Fresno||3,575|
|Fresno State University||2,543|
|Dept. of State Hospitals – Coalinga||1,925|
Full List of Employers Click Here
Top Real Estate Deals 2020-21
- Growing Health Science sector- working w/ an FDI client who will take food processing waste and turn it into health products, growing healthcare sector in Clovis, recently completed California Health Sciences University for pharmacology and osteopathy degrees.
- Chevron and partners announced a carbon capture bio-energy plant in Mendota, reducing ag waste and CO2.
- Logistics - access to west coast distribution in 1 day, Southwest airlines new partnership with a growing Fresno Yosemite International airport, daily cargo in and out of local airport, access to rail through UP, BNSF & SJVRR
- Trillium Flow Technologies, an international pump manufacturer, is consolidating its operations and will bring over 50 jobs to Fresno in the next two years. Trillium will merge the assembly lines from its Salt Lake City plant to its Fresno location.
- Amazon Last Mile, part of Amazon’s proprietary delivery service, recently began operations in Fresno. Amazon Last Mile’s 15,000 SF facility will create over 400 new jobs.
- Surya, a leading manufacturer of high quality, home furnishings and accessories will be opening a 250,000 SF warehouse and distribution center in Fresno in mid-2020 which will bring 50 new jobs.
- T-Mobile signed the lease on its new Customer Experience Center in Kingsburg, bringing 1,000 new jobs.
- Sierra Agra, an international company that uses imperfect produce to produce juices, purees and concentrates will be opening its first U.S. facility in an Opportunity Zone in the city of Reedley. This project is expected to generate over 200 jobs in 5 years.
- Bitwise Industries, a Fresno-based technology hub, has expanded to its third location in downtown Fresno. Bitwise 41 is a 100,000 SF space, featuring private offices and a 50-person conference center.
- Valley Protein, a processor for meats and poultry products, is constructing a 35,000 SF state-of-the-art food processing facility which will create 50-60 new jobs.
- Unique Loom, a manufacturer and wholesaler of indoor and outdoor rugs, has opened a 175,000 SF distribution center that will bring 70 new jobs to its Fresno facility
Highlights of Utility Infrastructure
- Pacific Gas & Electric provides utilities throughout Fresno County.
Unique Incentives within Fresno County Click Here
Unique Workforce Training Programs or Initiatives