Tulare County is located along the north/south transportation corridor State Highway 99 and serves as the West Coast distribution hub for Best Buy Co., JoAnn Stores, VF Outdoor Inc., VWR, Patterson Logistics and WalMart. As the leader in the nation for agricultural crop production ($7.8 billion) and dairy production ($2.1 billion), Tulare County is key to our major food processing employers such as Land O’Lakes, Saputo Cheese, Kraft Foods, Advanced Food Products, Nestles’, Foster Farms, Ruiz Foods, Sunkist and Odwalla to produce nutritious food and beverage products sold throughout the nation and world.
|Company Name||Number of Employees|
|Kaweah Delta Health Care||2,000|
|Sierra View District Hospital||1,800|
|College of the Sequoias||1,160|
|Cigna Health Care||700|
|VF Outdoor Inc.||400|
|Blue Scope Steel, Butler Manufacturing||300|
|Best Buy West Coast DC||260|
|Beckman Coulter, Inc.||230|
Top Real Estate Deals of 2015-16
- RePlanet Packaging, a division of RePlanet Recycling began manufacturing clamshell containers in Visalia’s Industrial Park and leased a 125,000 sf rail-served facility. The company expects to employ 100 by Fall 2015.
- Harvest Power California, LLC is expanding its compost production facility in Tulare. The project will reduce GHG emissions by 7,875 metric tons and divert an 18,750 tons of food and green waste annually.
- Kaweah Container, Inc., is expanding in Visalia and purchased a 174,000 sf plant, remodeled and equipped the facility to make corrugated boxes. The expansion included an additional 75 jobs.
- Perfection Pet Foods is expanding again and will build a 143,225 sf warehouse next to its existing plant in Visalia.
- Colony Energy Partners Tulare, LLC’s $25 million “Endeavor Facility” in Tulare is under construction. The plant will produce around 2.8 million diesel gallon equivalents of biogas each year sourced by organic waste from food processors and nearby farms.
- CaliCheese a $250 million cheese plant in Tulare, CA, employing 220 people. The 300,000 sf plant will process 4 million pounds of milk per day into American style cheeses.
- Svenhard’s Swedish Bakery is expanding production capabilities at their Exeter, CA plant to move all bakery operations from Oakland to Exeter. Exeter will be their only baking/production facility.
- Milk Specialties Global one of the nation’s largest providers of high-quality milk and whey proteins, has begun production of milk protein concentrate in Visalia for ready-to-drink nutritional beverages.
- California Dairies Inc. (CDI) in Visalia, is adding a third evaporator to meet export specifications on value-added milk powders. It annually produces 47% and ships 18 billion lbs. of California’s milk.