Tulare County is located along the north/south transportation corridor State Highway 99 and serves as the West Coast distribution hub for Best Buy Co., JoAnn Stores, VF Outdoor Inc., VWR, Patterson Logistics and WalMart. As the leader in the nation for agricultural crop production ($7.8 billion) and dairy production ($2.1 billion), Tulare County is key to our major food processing employers such as Land O’Lakes, Saputo Cheese, Kraft Foods, Advanced Food Products, Nestles’, Foster Farms, Ruiz Foods, Sunkist and Odwalla to produce nutritious food and beverage products sold throughout the nation and world.
|Company Name||Number of Employees|
|Kaweah Delta Health Care||2,000|
|Sierra View District Hospital||1,800|
|College of the Sequoias||1,160|
|Cigna Health Care||700|
|VF Outdoor Inc.||400|
|Blue Scope Steel, Butler Manufacturing||300|
|Best Buy West Coast DC||260|
|Beckman Coulter, Inc.||230|
Top Real Estate Deals of 2017-18
- • UPS purchased 58 acres in the Visalia Industrial Park for expansion purposes.
• Delta Plastics announced plans to build a 75,000 sf manufacturing plant in the Dinuba area. The company will employ up to 120 people.
• NorCal Rail Park, LLC has purchased a 13-acre site next to the Union Pacific rail line in Tulare for a trans-loading facility bringing in a variety of products for sale to local construction customers, including concrete companies, as well as other ag-related interests.
• The Dixie Group has leased the former Royalty Carpet Mills facility in Porterville and will shift most of their west coast yarn demand to this facility.
• GreenPower Motor Company purchased a Certified Site in Porterville to build its first plant in the U.S. in which to assemble its electric-powered buses. The company has broken ground on their new 140,000 sf factory and will employ some 400 workers at full capacity.
• Diversified Development Group has completed three spec buildings totaling 402,000 square feet in the Visalia Industrial Park.
• Svenhard’s Swedish Bakery has incorporated all bakery operations into their 300,000 sf production facility in Exeter. This facility now serves as home to all baking and production of the company’s bakery items.
• San Joaquin Valley Homes recently cut the ribbon on its 84-home Viscaya development in Dinuba and is also working on another 144-home subdivision in Visalia called Pine River Estates.
• $30 million road widening project of Avenue 416 in the city of Dinuba west to Highway 99 will provide for additional efficient movement of goods and services within Tulare County benefitting the traveling public and major industries in the area.
• Kaweah Delta District Hospital has several major construction projects underway in Visalia including a new ambulatory surgery center.
• The Presort Center Company has purchased a 91,000 sf facility