Stanislaus County is a highly integrated economic engine that is driven by agriculture, food processing, packaging, advanced manufacturing, emerging technology and logistics industries. It is home to E&J Gallo Winery, Bronco Winery, Del Monte, Frito Lay, Foster Farms, ConAgra, Blue Diamond Growers, Hilmar Cheese, Seneca Foods, Pacific Southwest Container, Stanislaus Food Products, Boyd Corporation, Bell-Carter Packaging, Plastipak, Georgia Pacific, Evergreen Packaging and many others. They are well connected to the Northern California region through State Route 99 and I-5, and the two largest Class 1 Railroads in the country, the Union Pacific and BNSF.
|Company Name||Number of Employees|
|Blue Diamond Growers|
|Central Valley Specialty Hospital|
|Blue Scope Steel, Butler Manufacturing|
|Bronco Wine Company|
|Covenant Village of Turlock|
|Ball Metal Food Container|
Top Real Estate Deals of 2017-18
• PJ’s Rebar- expanded to 75,000 sf manufacturing facility in Turlock.
• Denham Plastics- opened a 200,000 sf plastic manufacturing with recycled materials in Turlock.
• E&J Gallo Wines-Opened a 146,000sqft facility in Modesto. 600 Employees in marketing, creative services, finance and information technology have new offices.
• Valley Milk- New powdered milk 100,000 sq ft facility will employ 55 people and open late 2017.
• Oportun- 5,000 sf Software Dev. Company from the bay area opened up a new office in Modesto. 25 new jobs.
• Dust Bowl Brewery- in Turlock added a new 30,000 square foot facility. 20 new employees.
• Hilmar Cheese- $100 million powdered milk facility in Turlock. 100 jobs created.
• Restoration Hardware- Completed a 1.5 million square foot facility that employs 400. They serve northern and southern California including markets in Canada.
• Amazon- 1.2 million-square-foot Ecommerce Center located within the Keystone Business Park in western Stanislaus County. 3,000 jobs.
• US Cold Storage- US Cold Storage expanded in Turlock facility to 9.5 million cubic feet of cold storage. Long range expansion plans total 24 million sf of cold storage space.
• W.W. Grainger, Inc- W.W. Grainger built their 820,000 sf, LEED Gold distribution facility at the Keystone West Business Park in Patterson creating 150+ new jobs.