Stanislaus County is a highly integrated economic engine that is driven by agriculture, food processing, packaging, advanced manufacturing, emerging technology and logistics industries. It is home to E&J Gallo Winery, Bronco Winery, Del Monte, Frito Lay, Foster Farms, ConAgra, Blue Diamond Growers, Hilmar Cheese, Seneca Foods, Pacific Southwest Container, Stanislaus Food Products, Boyd Corporation, Bell-Carter Packaging, Plastipak, Georgia Pacific, Evergreen Packaging and many others. They are well connected to the Northern California region through State Route 99 and I-5, and the two largest Class 1 Railroads in the country, the Union Pacific and BNSF.
|Company Name||Number of Employees|
|Blue Diamond Growers|
|Central Valley Specialty Hospital|
|Blue Scope Steel, Butler Manufacturing|
|Bronco Wine Company|
|Covenant Village of Turlock|
|Ball Metal Food Container|
Top Real Estate Deals of 2015-16
- Flowers Bakery-made a $20million investment in a new facility with 225,000 SF and 221 Jobs.
- Restoration Hardware- is under construction on a 1.5 million square foot facility that will serve northern and southern California including markets in Canada.
- Hilmar Cheese- will build a $100 million powdered milk facility in Turlock.
- Amazon Ecommerce Center will site within the West Ridge Business Park in western Stanislaus County by the second quarter of 2013. San Antonio-based USAA Real Estate Company announced that it is developing a 1.2 million-square-foot "fulfillment center" on 120 acres for the Seattle-based online shopping giant.
- Ring Container Technologies invested more than $5 million to open a 100,000-square-foot plastic manufacturing plant in southeast Modesto. The company employs 24 workers.
- Blue Diamond -Blue Diamond, a provider of California almonds to the US and world, recently purchased 88 acres in the Turlock Regional Industrial Park, Turlock, for a large new/expansion facility.
- W.W. Grainger, Inc- W.W. Grainger recently built their 820,000 sf, LEED Gold distribution facility at the Keystone West Business Park in Patterson creating 150+ new jobs.
- US Cold Storage- US Cold Storage is already expanding their new Turlock facility to 9.5 million cubic feet of cold storage. Long range expansion plans total 24 million sf of cold storage space.
- Affinia expanded to a 400,000 sf facility at Keystone West Business Park, out-growing their former 100,000 sf distribution center. Affinia added approximately 20 new jobs.
- HealthSouth – Is building a new acute care hospital in Modesto. The company purchased 6 acres of land for the new development.
- Central Valley Specialty Hospital – opened in downtown Modesto. They provide acute patient care. 150 new jobs.