San Joaquin County (East of the San Francisco/Oakland Bay Area) has seven cities and 711,797 people. Its diverse industry mix of agriculture, e-fulfillment centers, advanced manufacturing, data centers/call center and service industries has attracted companies like Applied Aerospace, Amazon, Tesla, Pacific Medical, Medline, FedEx, Owens & Minor, and Crate & Barrel. Located less than 60 miles from the Port of Oakland, its transit modes include: the Port of Stockton, Union Pacific Railroad and BSNF Railway Intermodals, Stockton Metropolitan Airport, and a highway transportation system that links the county to major urban markets through Interstates 5, 205, 580, and State Route Highway 99.
Top Private Employers
|Company Name||Number of Employees|
|St. Joseph's Medical Center||4,600|
|Unilever Best Foods||100-1,100|
|Pacific Gas & Electric||1,100|
|Pacific Coast Producers||500-1,000|
|Blue Shield of California||900|
|University of the Pacific||500|
|Cottage Bakery, Inc./Con Agra Foods||690|
|Food 4 Less||500-600|
Top Real Estate Deals of 2015-16
- Amazon – 1,017,353 sf, 1,000± employees – the Seattle-based online shopping giant located a new fulfillment center in Tracy.
- ATI, (Air Transport International) a full time air cargo service has started operation at the Stockton Metproilitan airport with a temporary 15,000 square-foot open sided structure next to aircraft. They are leasing office space in the terminal building and have 30 ground handlers working at the cargo ramp daily.
- CRM, North America’s largest Crumb rubber manufacturer, recently moved into the former 135,000 SF Hormel food processing facility in Stockton
- International Windows (Universal Molding Extrusion Company) – 318,320 sf, 75 initial jobs – relocated its window fabrication operation to Stockton from its Bay Area location.
- Medline Industries, the nation’s largest privately held manufacturer and distributor of medical supplies and services has constructed a 1.1 million square foot state-of-the-art northern California distribution center in the Prologis International Park of Commerce in Tracy.
- Pace Supply Corp. – 194,990 sf, 40 jobs – opened a second facility in Stockton (San Joaquin County) to provide logistics and fabrication services.
- South Bay Auto Auction – 81,000 sf facility in Stockton, 50 employees – remarkets vehicles for credit unions, banks, and finance companies, as well as leasing and rental car companies, and franchised used car dealers.
- TCP, Inc. – 135,000 sf - world’s largest manufacturer of energy efficient lighting products, expanded its West Coast distribution center in Stockton with the anticipation of creating up to 36 new jobs.
- Tesla Motors, Inc. – 430,770 sf, 120 initial jobs – expanded to Lathrop with a component of its auto parts manufacturing process to service its Bay Area automobile factory.
- Trinchero Family Estates – 700,000 sf expansion, has doubled wine-processing capacity at its Westside facility in Lodi, California and added 400 new jobs.
- Spec Building- Currently three vacant spec buildings over 250,000 square feet are available and another 12 are planned or under construction in San Joaquin communities.