Madera County is located in the world’s most productive agriculture region. In 2014, the gross value of Madera County’s agriculture commodities was over 1.5 billion, making the County a natural choice for food processing and ag-related industries. Madera County is home to over 100 manufacturing companies with a high concentration of food manufacturing and packaging facilities. Major operations include: Constellation Wines, Ardagh Glass, JBT Food Tech, Warnock Foods, Azteca Milling, and Georgia Pacific. Madera County is also a natural fit for distribution as the geographical center of California.
|Company Name||Number of Employees|
|Children's Hospital Central CA||2,500|
|State of California||2,400|
|Madera Unified School District||2,013|
|Chuckchansi Gold Resort & Casino||1,500|
|County of Madera||1,188|
|Madera Community Hospital||936|
|City of Madera||310|
|Sierra Tel Communication Groups||256|
|Baltimore Aircoil Company||242|
|Span Construction & Engineering||150|
Top Real Estate Deals of 2015-16
- Ready Roast, a Madera almond processing company recently expanded to a 144,000 square foot facility built by Developer Buzz Oates. The food processing operation includes 85 full time employees.
- North Fork Rancheria. After the passing of a state referendum the resort/hotel/casino project has encountered some delays but the project is moving forward and is expected to break ground in 2016.
- Pacific Ethanol restarted it Madera County plant. The Plant had been idle for five years. The $55 million facility produces up to 40 million gallons of corn based ethanol per year and provides 35 full-time jobs.
- Paramount Farms is expanding their pistachio processing facility on 250 acres. The expansion will double their capacity to process over 130 million pounds of pistachios and provide an estimated 80 jobs.
- Freedom Industrial Park Span Construction opened Freedom Industrial Park in Madera. The 100 acre development is fully improved and is expected to add approximately one million square feet of industrial space to Madera County’s $7 million square foot base.
- Deerpoint Group Inc. Deerpoint built the first building in Freedom Industrial Park. The 65,000 square foot facility will be ready for operation in the Spring of 2016.