Kings County is home to major food processors, including Del Monte Foods, Leprino Foods, Marquez Brothers and OLAM Vegetable Ingredients. Also resident is Naval Air Station Lemore, recently announced as the home base of the Navy’s newest strike fighters, the F-35C. Kings County is flanked by State Route 99 and Interstate 5, providing excellent logistical connection to California, the west coast and the Pacific Rim.
|Company Name||Number of Employees|
|Naval Air Station Lemore||9,200|
|Kings County School Districts (14)||3,928|
|Adventist Health||1,948||Corcoran State Prison 1||2,003|
|Corcoran State Prison (SATF)||2,053|
|County of Kings||1,471|
|Tachi Palace Hotel & Casino||1,340|
|J.G. Boswell Company||1,300|
|Del Monte Foods||1,100|
|Avenal State Prison||1,088|
|Leprino Foods West||1,015|
|Olam Tomato Processors||1,000|
Top Real Estate Deals of 2015-16
- Solar companies - Twenty-five new solar projects are underway on 8,200 acres with the capacity of almost a gigawatt of renewable electric power adding to the 964 acres of solar installations.
- Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. officially opened its sulfur-based liquid fertilizer manufacturing and distribution facility on 46 acres in Hanford in October, 2015. Thirty employees were hired by the company.
- Verdegaal Brothers, Inc. has started construction on its 99-10k gallon tank farm to hold sulfuric acid for farm application. In addition, they are completing the construction on a new 125,000 gallon sulfuric acid tank.
- TriCal, Inc. purchased 13 acres and 20,000 s.f. of existing buildings in Hanford to locate their farm soil fumigation business. Operations commenced in early 2015.
- Pitman Family Farms, a large grower and processor of chickens, turkeys, and ducks, purchased the Cargill grain facility in Hanford’s Kings Industrial Park and the adjacent 110 acres of land. The acreage is the site of a loop track currently under production to facilitate the unit trains which will deliver grains to the facility.
- Costco Development - at the intersection of Highways 43 and 198. A master planned shopping center featuring Costco as one of two anchors in a 499,000 s.f. , 58 acre project. Ground is expected to be broken by April 1st.
- Hanford’s Adventist Health/Family Birth Center opened in February, 2016. The facility is 49,000 s.f. with 34 beds, 6 neonatal intensive care units in partnership with Children’s Hospital Central California, and 2 operating rooms.
- Tulare Lake Compost constructed a new facility on 175 acres of marginal farmland, January 2016. Located in southwest Kings County, the company processes biosolids from So.California and blends them with green and ag waste to produce a stabilized, humus-like soil conditioner that, when incorporated into farm land, improves water retention, nutrient conditions, and agricultural productivity.